Friday 24 July 2015

July's Scraps

Welcome to the start of July's Members' Blog Hop from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog.  I chose the first challenge: to use at least 4 photos on my page!

I recently discovered that my camera has a "stitch" function so that I could take really wide panoramas and tried it out on top of the Camera Obscura on Edinburgh's skyline.  The resulting 12 photos were printed at half-size and matched up perfectly but would have needed 3 full pages to be viewed in a row.  Instead, I decided instead to overlap them, trimming the tops or bottoms to emphasise the layering and producing a view from a point!

Jimjams - Layout - Point of View

My July Counterfeit Kit was brightened up by the blue cardstock background and a scrap of brown patterned paper with Broadway Sizzlets helped create a bold title.  I still need to write the date and location on the page though!

To make up for the lack of blogging recently, I'll share another page from the kit for the second CKCB challenge this month - to use an old tool: several years ago when I was on the PTA of my children's primary school I bought some bargain priced mini punches from the school catalogue including a tiny triangle punch ... and this month I decided to use it to make some perfectly regular bunting for a page about the Royal Yacht Britannia near Edinburgh.  I also dusted off some ancient rub-on letters - at one point I used a lot of these but I keep forgetting to use them these days.



Hubby is posing by some fake pints of beer in one of the crew's bars on board.  The boat tour is great fun with an numbered hand-held audio guide for you to listen to at your own pace.  We found it fascinating to see how the "royals" and their retinue lived at sea.

Karen is next up on the Members' Hop; I wonder which of this month's challenges she has chosen?

If you get lost whilst hopping the full order is published on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog today.

18 comments:

kjjc said...

Nice to see you back. Great way of showing more than one photo. Love the first layout.

Janine Rachau said...

Fantastic! What an amazing take with your panoramic views! Great layouts.

Susan said...

Perfect take on the challenges - the overlapping photos give a perfect panoramic view! I like the triangle banner too.

Tina Campbell said...

Cool to see you back scrapping :) What a fantastic couple of layouts :)

LCSmithSAVED said...

Clapping my hands! Twelve photos on that first page - amazing...
And the mini-bunting is totally adorable! What a fun trip you must have had.
We loved Edinburgh (many years ago) & would go back in a heartbeat.

Susanne said...

What a cool feature on that camera - makes for a fab page. And yeah for resurrecting the tiny punch. I have a basket of those somewhere I should put to use.

Lou said...

overlapping all those photos looks fantastic. a great idea x

Lisa said...

the stitched panorama is fabulous and I really liked that you made the top and bottom edges a bit uneven - really nice effect! The second layout is adorable with that mini banner! cute. And the addition of the textures cardboard is a great touch.

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Great idea to use the stitch feature to include so many photos on your layout! The view was spectacular! I also like your unique title, and the use of old rub-ons. It must feel great to put those to use. Gorgeous work!

alexa@clara.co.uk said...

Very unusual design for your first page - works really well; somehow, three of them really emphasise the panorama aspect. Sweet and delicate bunting too :).

Roxy said...

Wow, these pages are fantastic! I especially love the panoramic views and title letters of the first page!!!

Julene Matthews said...

Wonderful panorama of Edinburgh. Your pennant and humorous hubby on the second are good too. Well done Jemma.

Karen said...

Great panoramic pictures. Such a creative way of making it so lovely on the layout! Cute bunting on the second layout!

Anonymous said...

Cute bunting and I like the little corrugated border strips.

Margie said...

Love these-especially the panorama!! How neat!

scrappyjacky said...

Love that first page....and a perfect title.

airing cupboard crafts said...

Love the panoramic views, I am going to see if my camera has the same function. the pages look stunning x

Missus Wookie said...

Great idea with those panoramic photos, the tour sounds interesting. I always like social history stuff.