Tuesday 12 August 2014

Space Age Scrapping With A Sketch

Jimjams - Layout detail - chevrons and die-cut title on 3D padsToday it's Challenge #2 at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and we're playing with a sketch.  I'd say it was a card sketch myself (the word "sentiment" being my clue LOL) but I've adapted it for a simple page for our Disney 2004 album, putting my title where the sentiment should be.

Supplies are from my August Counterfeit Kit with the addition of a couple of toning paper scraps for the title (cut with Sizzlit Man O Man dies) and the chevrons (cut with fellow Master Forger Lesley's lovely chevron punch).

Jimjams - Layout - Space Age

Thanks Lesley!

While you're here, let me share the new challenge from S J Crafts blog this month: to scrap a holiday or travel using old and new stash.  Being a seasoned kit counterfeiter, I'm constantly mixing old and new supplies in my kits and this month's Counterfeit Kit was no exception, so I chose some more photos from our Disney 2004 trip and got scrapping.

The journalling describes how No.2 Son wanted to re-ride the Duelling Dragons, but his elder brother wimped out and Hubby was sick ... leaving one very-scared-of-heights-mum with a dilemma: disappoint him or keep him company?
.

I rode the coaster!
I've combined new-to-me MME papers from last summer with Basic Grey alphas from their 2009 Marrakech collection and topped it off with some ThermoMorph* dots made by yours truly just last month!

The S J Crafts challenge is open until September 6th if you want to join in and kit counterfeiters are welcome to join our Members' Blog hop - just e-mail the CKCB by August 18th!

*my ThermoMorph review is here ... still working on a post about making the dots though :-D

20 comments:

kjjc said...

Very nice mix of papers here. Brave ol you doing the coaster. Not for me I'm afraid.

scrappyjacky said...

Love your mix of colours....but you wouldn't have got me on it!!

Sian said...

Very brave! The things we do for them, eh?

I love the mix here too. It creates such a great atmosphere

Michele said...

Fab LOs - I love the ombre effect chevrons! I'm the 'bag minder' when we go to Orlando. I remember Lauren crying the first year we went, because she wasn't tall enough to go on the duelling dragons. I comforted her with the fact that at least she would grow taller - I would never get any braver lol! That was back in 2003 and it has proved true on both counts :)

Melissa said...

I like how you rotated the sketch to work with your photos!! And so glad to read you rode the coaster - I'm always the one on the coaster with the nieces & nephews! :>)

LCSmithSAVED said...

Lesley has a CHEVRON punch?!?
:~D
Love the sketch on end, but you never said if you enjoyed the roller coaster?

Missus Wookie said...

Yeah for using the card sketch to make a layout, I like working between the two sizes. I like the colours and like you often mix new and old stash together.

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Great layout, Jemma! I love the mix of old nd new, too! My absolutely favorite detail is the chevrons...I just love how you did the color change with those. So clever!

Chidkid said...

Love this page...I was always the one forcing the rest of the family on these rides...I love 'em!!
I love the LO too btw...

My not so simple life said...

Great layouts and well done you riding the coaster!

Susanne said...

Stripes and chevrons and arrows - you've used them all the perfection. Great looking pages.

Julene Matthews said...

You are braver than I am!
Fantastic layouts and good photos Jemma

Tina Campbell said...

You got best Mom award for that well done I'm afraid of heights too so I usually close my eyes :) Love your spin on the sketch also

Virginia said...

wow awesome layouts and so brave - I don't do rides!

Claire said...

Fantastic layouts, I can't do rollercoasters, they set off my vertigo :(
Claire xx

cinmfoster said...

Great take on the sketch, love the chevrons.
Cindy F.

Angela Toucan said...

beautiful pages, great take on the sketch.

Lisa said...

that chevron punch... is it a SU one? But whatever it is, it's perfectly scrummy! Really really like that first page - everything works together so well. The second page is a fun one with the eye catching title! Not sure I could do that ride these days... getting old!

Lesley G said...

Great pages and that chevron punch is just fab!!!
Well done on riding the coaster :)

Margie said...

Your layouts are great-and I'm not much of a coaster person either, but I loved it at Disney! Must be the air :-)